Dreams form an inevitable part of a human's life. They inspire us, prompt us and ignite us with the much needed impetus to move forward surviving all odds to finally make the desire a reality. We don't always end up with what we dream, but at other times we do. We aren't offered opportunities in a platter most of the times, but at other times, we stumble upon opportunities while carousing our way through the life pathway. Life is such - weird, instinctive and purposeful - all rolled into one.
So coming to the purpose of this post, a lot has been happening in my life lately. Being someone who loves reading blog posts with thoughts detailed in an alluring manner, my heart nudges me to do the same, as I outline the incidents one by one.
1. The first and most important news is that I passed my post graduate exams two months back. Yes, I am ENT surgeon now. Yaay!
2. However, the sweet release is not complete. I have started preparing for the next entrance exam in line, to pursue my higher studies. Life of a doctor is like school days all over again - right from the kindergarten to the tenth standard exams - 12 years of studies on an average! Yet do we enjoy the whole process? Absolutely, as queer as it may seem.
3. I have started working in a medical college, the second one in the city, which is barely at a half hour distance from my home. Now that is another good news, isn't it?
4. I have been working on a short story anthology with a few of my online friends since the past few months. We have a publisher and I am excited to say that the editing works have almost finished. The book is going to be out in 2-3 weeks time!
5. I have started focussing on short stories these days. I have made it a point to pen down nit bits of whatever thoughts that cross my mind, be it characters or plots, so that I would have an easier time expanding the same when I actually sit down to write. I can't help but stress that I am indeed enjoying this freshly churned out tryst with words. Short stories are magical, I say. They take you on a walk through the liveliest of alleys, a few resplendent, while others torn between the subdued shades of white and black, to finally melt away, leaving your mind smeared with the most vibrant of hues, like a richly flavoured delicacy that dissolves into the hidden recesses of one's senses, all in a matter of few minutes.
To sum it, life has started veering towards the desired path, even though the path is not a well ironed one. There seems to have many an obstacle along the way. The revelation that patience is indeed a virtue has become the guiding lantern of someone who has always been impatient in every little thing that she has indulged herself in. Nonetheless, I am imbibing every bit of what is being thrown to me. There is an inexplicable pleasure in keeping busy, in knowing that anything can present itself to me around the next corner.
Life resembles a colourful carnival at times, the one where we ardently hop from one joint to another, savouring every bit of it. We never know when the one at the helm decides to wrap up the show to throw us back in the monotonous dungeon again, which we need to survive, arduously.
Nevertheless, let us keep dreaming! Keep thriving! As they say, there is no joy as living each day to the fullest.